' Serves 30
900g Vegan Hedgedog Hydnum-Sieni
250g XO sauce
300g taro, 30 salted egg yolks
60 reed leaves (or bamboo leaves)
600g glutinous rice, 100g ginger
11 tablespoons sesame oil
320g Goji berries
4 tablespoons Vege Seasoning
2 tablespoons pepper powder
1 tablespoon salt
4 tablespoons Vegetarian Mushroom Oyster Sauce 300g dried mushrooms
1. Wash the chickpea and let them soak for 12 hours. Cook in the boiling water for 30 minutes then turn off the heat. Cover and leave it to cool.
2. Rinse and soak the rice for 4 hours. Drain and steam the rice on a high heat for 25 minutes, then turn off the heat. Cover with the lid for 5 minutes before removing.
3. Wash the leaves thoroughly for 10 minutes. Snip off the end near to the stem, then soak the leaves in the water.
4. Wash and mince the ginger. Rinse and drain Goji.
4. After soaking in the water for 4 hours or until fully rehydrated, then squeeze the water out of the mushrooms.
6. Peel and chop the taro. Fry in a deep fat fryer until golden brown.
7. Put the mushrooms into a frying pan on a low heat. Once golden brown, add XO sauce, taro, and stir them well. Then pour the mushroom soaking water, Hedgedog Mushrooms, Vege Seasoning, pepper powder, salt and Vegetarian Mushroom Oyster Sauce, and stir while simmering until the liquid is reduced a bit.
8. Place the minced ginger in a frying pan on a low heat. Once crisp and golden, add Goji, Mijiu and the chickpeas. After boiling, mix with the rice then let it cool down.
9. Soak the salted egg yolks in Mijiu for a few minutes. Put in the oven for 3 - 5 minutes then remove to rest.
10. With the filling and the rice, you're ready to wrap a zongzi. Use the leaves, form a cone, fill up with the filling, fold and wrap up with a string. Boil in a stock pot for 30 - 40 minutes then tuck in.
500g Vegan Hedgedog Hydnum-Sieni
a small bunch of basil leaves, some ginger slices
3 tablespoons sesame oil
2 teaspoons Vege Seasoning
1 teaspoon pepper powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Vegetarian Mushroom Oyster Sauce, 1 tablespoon black rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons Mijiu (or water)
Put the ginger slices into a frying pan on a low heat with some sesame oil. Once crisp and lightly golden, add Hedgedog Mushrooms, black rice vinegar, sugar, Mijiu and stir until thickened. Stir the basil leaves into it before dishing up.
Sesame Noodles with Chicken
400g Vegan Hededog Hydnum-Sieni,
3 Vege Chicken Breasts,
some ginger slices,
3 Baby Chinese Cabbages,
1 bowl of Red Dates,
80g Goji berries,
3 tablespoons sesame oil,
2 teaspoons Vege Seasoning,
2 bottles Mijiu (or water).
1. Slice the chicken breasts into sltrips (a little bigger than Hededog Mushrooms). Wash the cabbages, Red Dates and Goji. Wash and slice the ginger.
2. Cook the fine rice noodles in a boiling water. Once soft, drain the noodles.
3. Put the ginger slices into a frying pan on a low heat with some sesame oil. Once crisp and lightly golden, add the chicken breast, Red Dates, Goji, Vege Seasoning, pepper powder, salt and Mijiu. When boiling, add the Hedgedog Mushrooms, cabbage and noodles until tender. Serve.